All the required information is in the attached word document. I am also emailing a video for the writer to watch in relation to the report.
Module Title: Consultancy
Module Learning Outcomes:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of how to identify client needs and be able to develop appropriate research strategies for consultancy interventions
2. Appraise the importance of expert tools and techniques to a consultant
3. Evaluate the relationship between strategic management, leadership and leadership styles and principles that support organisational ethical and value based approaches to leadership
4. Evaluate the application of leadership strategies and the impact on organisational direction
You are a new consultant working for International Management Consultancy (IMC, a fictional consultancy firm).
You are required to complete ONE consultancy project out of a choice of four employer scenarios [See the link to the Employer videos] which must be completed by the assignment deadline.
With reference to your chosen employer scenario, produce a 3500-word report which will be assessed on the following areas:
1. An analysis of the company’s strategic position,Marks 30%
2. A set of recommendations to address the issues identified, Marks 10%
3. An evidence-informed implementation strategy,Marks 30%
4. A reflection on key learning from the module, Marks 10%
Organisation/academic writing, Marks 10%
Referencing, Marks 10%
Total Marks Out of 100%
You are required to follow the IMC consultancy report structure below.
Section 1: An analysis of the company’s strategic position (1500 words)
1. Provide an overview of the company you have chosen.
2. Identify and apply appropriate tools and techniques to analyse
A) The internal environment of the company
B) The external environment of the company
3. This analysis of the company’s strategic position should include:
a) Leadership and communication
b) The company culture including its ethical and value base
c) The company’s position in the sector
d) A critical evaluation of the strengths and limitations of the tools and techniques you have used
e) The client needs
4. Summarise your key findings and the significant issues that you would advise the company to address
NOTE: This section refers to Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3 and is worth 30 marks
Section 2: Recommendations to the organisation (500 words)
1. Based on your analysis in Section 1, propose a set of recommendations for the company.
2. Ensure that each recommendation is clear, has appropriate detail, is justified and is feasible in this context.
3. It is essential that you refer to the leadership of the company
NOTE: This section refers to Learning Outcome 1 and is worth 10 marks
Section 3: Implementation (1000 words)
1. Based on Section 2, explain how the company would implement the recommendations put forward to support the changes in its strategic direction.
2. This section will include analysis of the following:
a) Leadership styles – this must include reference to different leadership styles supported by theories, models and/or evidence.
b) Communicating the vision to the key stakeholders
c) Leadership strategy and the impact on organisational direction
3. This section considers the actions that should be taken by the company in order to achieve the recommendations that you have described above.
4. Provide a summary for this report.
NOTE: This section refers to Learning Outcomes 3 and 4 and is worth 30 marks
Section 4: Critical Reflection (500 words)
All students, particularly at postgraduate level, need to reflect critically on the learning experience.
Using a reflective model of your choice (e.g. Gibbs reflective cycle), consider the following question:
1. How you might apply your learning and knowledge from this module to your own area of study and future career aspirations?
NOTE: this section is worth 10 marks
Remember: In this assignment you need to apply some of the tools and methods that have been referred to in the workshops and learning journeys and discuss their relevance to the client’s situation. You will gain extra marks by citing appropriate references to support your arguments throughout. You will need to provide information on how you have gathered and sourced key information for your report.
• Organisation/academic writing is worth 10 marks
• Referencing is worth 10 marks
This is the Marking Criteria for a Distinction 70%+
Employer Case 3.
Senior Manager – Sustainable Construction Tarmac a CRH company
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainablebuilding materials and construction solutions company
Below is a brief synopsis of the interview with Emma Hines, Employer Case 3.It is essential to watch the video to understand the employer’s information in order to satisfactorily answer the question that is to be the basis of your assignment if you chose this Employer Case.(The video will be sent separately to this word document).
Tarmac is a leading building materials group with 27bn Euro turnover and 6,900 employees. They are the leading producer of aggregates, asphalt, readymix, concrete cement and other building products. Their products are used in a wide range of construction projects including new homes, offices, schools, hospitals, bridges, roads and flood defenses.
Tarmac provides the materials used to build our infrastructure and an aspect of central concern is sustainability and the Future of Cities. This involves energy conservation, environment friendly materials, and the circular economy.
‘Cities are complex systems and centers for innovation and growth. The 64 largest cities in the UK make up just 9% of the landmass but account for 54% of the population, 58% of jobs and 60% of UK GDP.’
Consideration may involve these 4 areas:
• Urban development and infrastructure
• Environment and natural resources
• Society and community
• Housing/affordable housing
All these aspects have engineering and a social dimension with a wide range of stakeholders so that attitudes and perceptions will be key to leveraging change. Tarmac would like ………University GPD CMI students to consider:
BELOW IS THE QUESTION THAT IS TO BE ANSWERED AS THE FOCUS OF YOUR ASSIGNMENT IF YOU CHOSE THIS EMPLOYER CASE.
‘What stakeholders will need to be involved in the infrastructure construction of sustainable future cities and how should their leadership and management be approached.’
• Johnson, G., et al., (2017) Exploring Strategy; Text and Cases, 11th ed., Edinburgh: Pearson Education Limited
• Kelly, P., (2009) International Business and Management. Hampshire: Cengage Learning EMEA,
• Langford, D., and Male, S. (2008) Strategic management in construction. John Wiley & Sons
• Project Manager: leader or manager?