For Week Seven, you will be using the material covered in your reading list and the APUS Library to develop a paper that explores one of the sensorimotor systems (e.g., vision, touch, taste, smell, or attention. You will not be allowed to use hearing as a topic as it was examined in the Week Two paper.) from a biopsychological perspective. Be sure to address the physiological (structure and function), as well as the psychological (cognitive-perceptual), underpinnings of the system. Use each item as a required subheading in your paper. Students should preview the grading rubric before beginning the assignment.
The paper should include:
- Be a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 5 full pages, size 12 font Times New Roman, double spaced with 1 inch margins, NOT including the Title and References pages.
- A title page
- Include the sub headings of: "Physiological Underpinnings", "Structure", "Function" "Psychological Underpinnings", "Cognitive-Perceptual".
- 100-120 word abstract
- Introductory paragraph ending in a clear thesis statement
- Several well-developed (5-7 sentences) body paragraphs that explore the topic in detail
- A summary and conclusions paragraph
- Four references, three of which cannot be from the class readings.